Front of House Trainee
MIND in Bexley
Full training will be given for all roles and responsibilities, these will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing the café for opening: clean, organised, set up all counters and machinery
- Fulfilling opening processes and procedures checklists.
- Liaising with chefs regarding any specials, unavailable dishes or relevant changes needed for the daily service.
- You will be trained to accept deliveries and how to process invoices or payments from suppliers’ money.
Throughout shift, full training will be given to ensure:
- Full competence and confidence to process orders from customer order point to kitchen delivery.
- Effective customer service: dealing with any customer queries/complaints etc. Full knowledge or our menu and how to best communicate/sell our dishes is essential.
- Take in person or telephone bookings and liaise with senior staff to ensure correct recording processes are adhered to.
- Compliance to all cleaning and COVID secure procedures and processes
- Taking food to customers and clearing and cleaning ‘dead’ tables to Revival standards.
- Stock rotation and organisation, date checking, processing of deliveries through to invoicing/payment where appropriate.
- Barista service to Revival coffee standards
- H&S and hygiene requirements are met, you will undertake an online Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate and will have in-house training on specific requirements for Revival.
- You will contribute to our social media content including photographs
At end of shift:
- Handover for the following day: Communicating any information regarding bookings, enquiries, any flagged problems
- Full close-down and next day refill following checklist.
You will work with the Front of House Team on all aspects of daily service and will be trained to competency so that you are able to take responsibility for FOH for short periods during staff refreshment breaks (with senior kitchen staff remaining on site).
You will also facilitate our online shop via our website orders and work with other staff creating posters and instructions/recipes for our activity packs.
How do I secure a placement?
If you are 16-24 and receiving Universal Credit, talk to your Jobcentre Plus work coach about the scheme. They will be able to tell you if you’re eligible and if there are any Kickstart opportunities coming up.
If there is a live vacancy you are interested in please contact your Jobcentre Plus work coach.