Early Years Assistant
Children and Families
Summary of Role
To provide the highest quality teaching and care to children by providing stimulating opportunities for them to learn through play and develop holistically. To develop strong partnerships with parents. Ensuring the safety of all children at all times will be the highest priority. To work as a team and be responsible for any tasks set by the room leader or management team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure a high standard of physical, social, emotional and intellectual care for children and promote excellent communication and language
- Ensure all daily routines are followed
- Work closely with parents/carers of children to ensure support and full integration in the setting, making all parents and visitors feel welcome by acting in a professional and approachable manner
- Use effective behaviour management practice, supporting parents with appropriate strategies
- Ensure all children are collected by those with Parental Responsibility or those others who possess the agreed password.
- Accept responsibility for the safety of children in your care at all times and ensure strict adherence to all safeguarding, child protection, equality and inclusion policies/procedures following best practice at all times
- Ensure all accident and health & safety procedures are followed
- Ensure the security of any confidential information, always following child protection policy/procedures if relevant
- Undertake continuous professional development through training and by attending meetings (including those occurring out of hours)
- Operate flexibility being prepared to help where needed, including undertaking certain domestic jobs and cleaning of toys and equipment.
- To help ensure the nursery is meeting Ofsted standards at all times
Undertake other duties and responsibilities as required
How do I secure a placement?
If you are 16-24 and receiving Universal Credit, talk to your Jobcentre Plus work coach about the scheme. They will be able to tell you if you’re eligible and if there are any Kickstart opportunities coming up.
If there is a live vacancy you are interested in please contact your Jobcentre Plus work coach.