PR & Communications Assistant
Animate Arts Company
The role of a PR & Communications Assistant will include:
- Maintenance and creating posts for various social media platforms, including twitter, facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Writing copy and managing updates for our website.
- Maintaining, creating and distributing newsletters via MailChimp
- Maintaining and promoting our ticketed events, on Eventbrite and our website
- Promote specific events, campaigns and opportunities to our audiences, via external websites, listings pages and social media platforms
- Build-up our e-audiences and subscribers
- Assist on printed matter, such as brochures, event flyers and branded goods
- Writing and distributing press releases for media outlets
- Assist with in-house graphic design
- Attend network meetings and opportunities, acting as an ambassador for Animate Arts, by promoting our activities and programmes.
- Collecting and monitoring analytics of our communications
- Attending events and courses to develop skills and knowledge for marketing.
- You will have great flexibility within this position, however when dates/times are set for meetings/events, punctuality and reliability is required.
- When acting as a public voice for the organisation, you will be required to take care with language, sentiment, grammar and punctuation, and representing the company as a positive example.
- You will need to be confident with a mature approach to working with external partners, community groups and individuals with a wide range of needs and backgrounds.
- (If required) We will provide you with a work laptop for the period of the contract. This should be used only for Animate Arts work purposes.
- As you may be working with a variety of people and in a variety of settings, you must agree to work to organisational policies, including Animate Art’s child protection policy and guidelines (available on our website).
- Adhere to data protection and any work undertaken within the organisation is respected as confidential.
- While the position is a short-term contract, Animate Arts will treat you as a valued member of the team; please treat the opportunity with commitment and responsibility.
- Organised, good at planning and managing your time and different projects and able to work independently, particular as much of the work will need to be completed from home due to the Coronavirus Government guidelines.
What We Expect From You:
- Animate Arts is a professionally run business; whilst working here you will be a representative of the company, and we will expect you to act accordingly.
- The Assistant will be expected to manage their time and duties between computer-based work (working from home), office-based work (Alexander Centre) and project-based work (attending projects and events around Kent), depending on the current circumstances and projects taking place.
- Have access to internet provided when working from home
- Schedule and set your working dates/times every month with the Artistic Director.
- Attend regular staff meetings with the Artistic Director, either in person or on Zoom.
- Willing to travel to meetings/projects across Kent as part of your role.
- All information discussed at Animate Arts is confidential and is not be discussed outside of the office.
What You Can Expect From Animate Arts:
- The Assistant should feel welcomed and supported by providing an induction pack, job-specific guidelines and resources, and scheduling regularly meetings between individual and Artistic Director throughout the placement.
- Provided with an Animate Arts email address and ID.
- Support from the Artistic Director at all times, specifically offering advice and step-by-step guides on how to approach important jobs and relevant information to enjoy and complete their tasks.
- Official acknowledgment of the Assistant’s contribution and work
- Public and employer’s liability insurance and risk assessments to cover activities
- References at the end of your work term.
How do I secure a placement?
If you are 16-24 and receiving Universal Credit, talk to your Jobcentre Plus work coach about the scheme. They will be able to tell you if you’re eligible and if there are any Kickstart opportunities coming up.
If there is a live vacancy you are interested in please contact your Jobcentre Plus work coach.