Introducing Kickstart Kent from Social Enterprise Kent
Social Enterprise Kent are supporting local businesses and social enterprises to access funding from the Government’s Kickstart Scheme and create jobs for unemployed young people.
Why should you use Social Enterprise Kent for the Kickstart Scheme?
- Social Enterprise Kent have been delivering high quality employability support and numerous skills training courses for over 35 years.
- We have robust processes and experience working on other projects with the DWP. We can ensure the paperwork is compliant and will increase the chances of your business being approved by DWP – saving you time and paperwork!
- We have designed a bespoke employability course of up to 14 hours of wraparound support and 2 bespoke 1:1 sessions. Our aim is to ensure we meet the ‘Employability criteria’ of the Grant Funding guaranteeing your placements achieve their maximum potential in the role and moving forward in their working life.
- As part of the wraparound support package we are here to support and keep in touch with you and your kickstart placement throughout the 6 months via our Employability Trainer and Finance & Placement Coordinator.
- To ensure you are happy with the support we will obtain your feedback, promote your experience of the scheme and inform you about our SEK networking groups so you can connect with other local businesses.
- As a social enterprise, SEK are dedicated to tackling youth unemployment, supporting local businesses and the local community.
- If you don’t have a role to offer your placement at the end of the contract – don’t worry, SEK can potentially continue supporting the placements through one of our other employability projects
- If you are already registered with another gateway or decide to apply to the DWP direct – SEK can still support you with the wrap around at a reasonable fee, click here to enquire and we’ll get back to you: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 07850507168
Kickstart Kent can help your business to…
Jobs must be additional jobs and for a minimum of 25 hours per week over six months
Government funding is available to support wage and employment costs for the new job
We provide expert careers support helping the young person to progress in their career
Your Kickstart journey…
Pledge your support and submit your jobs online
We apply to Government to secure the funding
You interview, select and employ a young person
Pledge a job now
How do you want to pledge today?
Pledges to date
Kickstart Kent is delivered by